Sunday, February 5, 2012

Japanese cell phones!





Yesterday afternoon we went out and bought our cell phones. My husband got an iphone 4 and I got a more traditional phone. It's still a flip phone for all those wondering what my choice might have been. The way that Japanese phone insurance and payment plans work made me leery of buying a smart phone I might break or overuse.

My Japanese cell phone!


On the good side, our plan is a hair cheaper than our stateside phone plan. My husband has unlimited data and we have unlimited calling and texting between our phones all day long. On the bad side, my buttons are mildly confusing...
The center button. I know not what it does....

The phone company we went with is SoftBank. They have a funny dog named Otosan as their mascot and there was Otosan stuff all over the place. Teacups with his face, noodle bowls... Stuffed animals. Even their plan booklet. The office where the building was located was very hot. I ended up wandering in and out of the office while the paperwork was being signed.

The company we got phones from seems to be the one everyone on the island goes with. After we finished signing up for our phones they gave us ramen noodles as thank you gifts. I couldn't help but find this extremely amusing. We have yet to try them but hopefully they will be good.







Otosan Ramen ^

No comments:

Post a Comment